UNLV Boyd Law Blog

Admissions | Academics | Centers and Programs | Faculty | Careers | Library


UNLV Boyd Law Blog

An online community for collaboration on legal policy, practice and academics

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Boyd Alumna Melissa Waite '07 Featured in Las Vegas Review-Journal

On Jan. 15, Boyd alumna Melissa Waite '07 was profiled in the Las Vegas Review-Journal article Nevadan at Work: Lawyer with multiple degrees also uses her psychology degree in everyday life.

In response to the question, "You have a degree in psychology and a minor in economics. What attracted you to a legal career?" Waite responded:

"I left undergraduate (studies) and I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted to do with my career. I thought about medicine. I decided it wasn’t for me. I thought about law, but I wasn’t quite sure. So I hedged my bets coming out of undergrad — I decided to do my MBA at the same time I went to law school. I thought it would give me a good foundation so that I could go work for a variety of businesses in a variety of different executive capacities. My second year at law school I started at Jolley Urga and it changed my whole perspective."